2010年3月12日 星期五

Letter of advice

_____________________
Dear Coco

Can you give me some advice?
My parents are very strict and never let me go out in the evenings. They are worried I will get into trouble. My other friends are allowed to go out. I really want to spend time with my friends. But, I don't know how to persuade my parents to let me out, especially in the weekends.

I am worried that if I keep obeying them I will lose my friends. What do you think I should do?

Yours
Coco
______________________



Dear Coco,
I am sorry to hear about the problem between you and your parents.

I think that you need to understand your parent’s thought. Why they didn’t let you go out in the evenings is because they want to protect you. You may think that it is a usual thing to go out with friends. But from the view of your parents, they may think that going out in the evenings is somehow not an obedient behavior. A good teenage would usually go home after school.

My suggestion is you ought to sit down and talk with your parents. You should explain why you need to go out in the evening. It is because you want to have a better friendship with your friends. Your friend’s parent also let them to go out in the evenings.

You ought to know that if you do not go out with your friends, you won’t lose your friend. If your friends do not play with you anymore because you do not go out with them in the evening, they are not your true friend.

I hope my suggestion will help you. Write soon and let me know what is going on.

Yours
Coco

沒有留言: